American Safety and Health Institute – ASHI CPR and AED Courses
ASHI’s CPR and AED training course is designed specifically for laypeople, and is an excellent choice for CPR and defibrillator training in both community and workplace settings. This extremely flexible program will help prepare individuals to respond to sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) and choking incidents. This CPR and AED course conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC.
- Adult and Child
- Adult, Child and Infant
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
Individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but who desire, or are required, to
be certified in CPR and the use of an AED:
- Emergency response teams in business and industry
- Adult residential care personnel
American Heart Association (AHA) – CPR AED
Heartsaver ® CPR AED Training
The Heartsaver CPR AED course trains participants to give CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this course?
The AHA Heartsaver CPR AED Course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
What does this course teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional.