Health Safety Institute (HSI) Basic Life Support (BLS) Course
HSI’s Basic Life Support, BLS training course for Healthcare Providers and Professional Rescuers has been approved for training for Emergency Medical Services personnel and is accepted by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
Who Should Take This Course?
Individuals in the healthcare or professional rescuer field that are required to have completed a professional-level basic life support training course.
Required for Successful Completion (Certification)
- Written Evaluation – Required for all students as part of the basic life support course
- Skills Evaluation – Students must perform required skills competently without assistance, to complete the BLS certification training
- CAPCE – Continuing education (CE) hours for EMS professionals are available for ASHI BLS from Health & Safety Institute (HSI), a CAPCE accredited organization
American Heart Association – Basic Life Support (BLS)
The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this course?
The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE TEACH?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Check out our CPR class calendar and give us a call at (316) 775-6688 to get signed up!